Ascent Software is a premier software development house that offers software development services to customers all over the world. Setup in 2003, Ascent has delivered enterprise solutions in various verticals including finance, postal, telecom, eGov and eHealth. Ascent’s skills are diverse and span the Microsoft, Java/EJB/J2EE, and Oracle technology stacks and it enjoys Gold Partnership status with Microsoft, Oracle and Sitecore.
The corporate ethos is founded on four central beliefs that govern internal and external interactions:
1. Ascent strives to build longterm working relationships with clients that consistently add value and position the company as partners rather than suppliers.
2. There is a strong belief in a process-driven approach. This has seen Ascent and its clients avoid many of the pitfalls that are prevalent in this industry.
3. By forging tight bonds with academic institutions, Ascent attracts the top talent available and its continual investment in training and personal development ensures that the teams remain abreast of the latest technologies.
4. Ascent places emphasis on trust and integrity. All employees are guided to protect clients’ interests and confidentiality.
A successful IT project requires experience, understanding and commitment to the outcome. Ascent offers a complete custom programming service, from initial product ideal through to design, implementation, training and support:
- Systems analysis: comprehensive, accurate and provable specs
- Technical consultancy: putting business goals into practice
- Software development: rapid turnaround and proven processes
- Testing: single projects or wholesale outsourcing
- Managed support: everything needed to stay live
Ascent enjoys a very low attrition rate – at less than 4% it is one of the best in the industry. A finely tuned recruitment process means that skilled and motivated individuals join Ascent, including top graduates, attracted by a well-established and successful graduate sponsorship programme. Ascent works hard to find and retain the professionals and graduates who want to make a real impact on organisations.
Ascent takes recruitment very seriously. A graduate development programme has been created to support IT managers, analysts and project managers who want to develop their potential. The company wants to attract well-rounded individuals who understand not only IT, but wider business issues. The goal is to find people who have the communications skills and self-management capabilities any good project needs.
The individuals who join Ascent remain with the company to develop their career – because of long-term commitment to staff and thanks to a very sympathetic working environment. The end result of these efforts is a broad skills range, rapid learning cycles and continuity of service. Ascent can deliver everything from industry-standard solutions through to projects at the cutting edge of software technologies.